Sunday, March 30, 2008

FIVE FAVORITE BEAUTY PRODUCTS...



It's been a few days since I've posted - not much exciting going on. As such, I thought that you might want to try a few of my best-kept secrets (if you haven't already!). Here they are, in no particular order:


1) Burts Bees Apricot Baby Oil - has a delicious scent, and is a fabulously versatile product. I use it to take off my eye makeup, as a really great after-bath moisturizer, and a cuticle conditioner.


2) Udderly Smooth Udder Balm - hands-down, one of the best hand creams I have found. Because of the chair's rubber tires and some medication that I have to take every day, dry skin (especially on my hands) is a constant uphill battle. This stuff is inexpensive, and really moisturizes your hands without leaving them greasy.


3) Creative Nails Solar Oil - a ten-second manicure in a bottle, I swear. I am ashamed to say I haven't gotten a manicure since Caroline was born (almost 20 months ago), but with this stuff in my bag, who needs one? It literally makes the ugliest of nails look like you just had them done.


4) Lily Padz Silicone Breast Pads - meant for nursing mothers, but I've found them really useful beyond that! They don't offer alot of support, but if you put them on, they keep everything looking really smooth - and are especailly great under cute summer tops when you don't want to wear a regular bra. I have raved about these to my friends for awhile - worth the investment (even if you don't have a baby...) I promise!


5) Clean and Clear Oil-Absorbing Sheets - a mini-makeup miracle for the bargain price of under $3.00. Use these little blue sheets to blot your face, and they suck up a rather disgusting amount of oil without taking any of your makeup off. They are a summer staple for me!

2 comments:

TCP said...

I'm definitely going to try the solar oil...my nails are always a disaster (I don't know how anyone who has a child in diapers ever has decent nails!)!

Christian and Lily's Mommy said...

You are the sole reason that Solar Oil is in business. I don't think I've EVER seen you out without applying it discreetly.