Saturday, December 6, 2008

OH, (PINK) CHRISTMAS TREE!

While we were in the bathroom at Noodles and Company after her class at Kidville today, Caroline informed me that she wants a pink Christmas tree this year. Upon hearing this, some moms might have gotten excited at the prospect of decking a traditional tree out in all its Lilly Pulitzer-esque glory, with cute ornaments and grosgrain ribbons like this to go along with the theme, but I knew better. My daughter was, I am certain, literally referring to this:

When we arrived at the tree stand after lunch, just picture her initial disappointment when she saw a plain, old sea of green. Thank goodness she got over that quickly when she realized she not only could play hide-and-seek amongst the stands, but that they also sold hot apple cider and popcorn. Maybe it'll be just the pink fix she needs when she sees that we indeed have a few fabulous Lilly ornaments to hang up on our beautiful new frasier fir!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Ha ha! I can totally relate! When we were little we used to go over to the Corey's for Xmas. They had a white plastic tree that my 5 year old self thought was THE MOST GLORIOUS TREE EVER!!!

NatCraft said...

Fret not, Caroline's dreams can still come true! I saw a small bedroom sized pink tree at the Rockville Target yesterday! AND as a delightful bonus, it come pre-decorated with Disney princess ornaments.

The Mrs. said...

Come and see my pink and green tree on my blog!