Wednesday, December 17, 2008

WHAT DO MOMMIES DO ALL DAY?

My good friend Tina forwarded this article from The Washington Post to me this afternoon, just in time to send a little validation my way! I consider myself lucky to not have (I think) friends like the woman who wrote the letter, but thought it was worth the post anyway, if nothing but to give everyone a little laugh, as well as a little perspective. It's pretty spot-on with what I find myself facing on the day-to-day with my two-year-old. Happy reading (and feel free to click on the article image to enlarge, if necessary)!

5 comments:

Tippy said...

Ha! I was pleasantly surprised when reading the article that it wasn't a typical "sahm vs. wohm" debate. But equally perplexing is who is this woman? I'll admit, I don't have many close friends who don't have children. In fact, I can only think of one who is a dear friend who doesn't have kids. She works her ass off 60+ hours a week at a job and I still feel like she has more free time than I do. But she also "gets" my "job" and would never question what I do all day.

On the other hand, I've never let motherhood be my excuse for not keeping up with friends. In fact, motherhood really makes you prioritize and I'd say if I didn't keep it contact with you, you weren't that close of a friend to begin with. My true friends, I've kept up with them!

The Pink Totebag said...

Me too! Or at least I try to. I know sometimes I get behind, but my good friends without kids always seem to understand and forgive me for it - as they also get busy from time to time with all the stuff they are doing at their jobs. That's what makes them such good friends - we are all happy when we finally do have the time to catch up with each other! Maybe we're just lucky not to have this one letter-writing chica around! Thanks for the insightful comment... :)

Mags said...

I feel blessed that my two best friends, one in NY and one in VA, don't feel the same way as the woman who wrote Carolyn. Even if a lot of time has passed since we touched "base", we always pick up from where we last left it.

The Major's Wife said...

LOVE it, LOVE it!!

Cloggsy said...

Amen to that.