Thursday, February 28, 2008

DOES THIS GROSS YOU OUT AS MUCH AS IT DOES ME?

I was reading my Daily Candy Kids newsletter this morning, and they were discussing this:



The Nosefrida is a different kind of nasal aspirator than the regular bulb ones that all of us parents are used to using on our babies when they are stuffy. The people at Nosefrida claim that their product is better than the traditional aspirators because nothing actually goes in the nose and you can control the amount of suction you're applying. There's also a filter that is supposed to prohibit the passage of germs. That may be true, but I personally got queasy when I saw this picture and thought about sucking the snot out of Caroline's nose with my own mouth... I'm a huge fan of Daily Candy, but this particular edition truly grossed me out. Yuck.

2 comments:

The Mensers said...

Jenny,
I have a solution to the Nosefrida (thank god my kids are to old for this snot sucking device.)Our friend owns a company called Boogie Wipes.www.boogiewipes.com
Not only are they great for sore noses of the little ones. Dads should have them in the car.(no more flicking out the window!) Check them out!

The West Coast Mensers

The Pink Totebag said...

Thanks for the tip, guys! I would definitely be concerned if you still had to be wiping your pre-teen/teenage daughters' noses... :) I checked out the site - a much better (and less creepy) alternative, I am sure. Hope all is well out on the West Coast - we miss you guys!