Wednesday, February 13, 2008

NUMBER ONE ON THE TO-DO LIST:



Teach my daughter to bow to the porcelain goddess. While I know she may one day apply this skill in certain situations that any mother would find less-than-acceptable, what I wouldn't have given for her to know how to do this today!

DC never gets good winter storms. Snow is at least pretty to look at, and makes you want to do fun things like play hooky and make hot chocolate. This apparently would be too much to ask for, as we instead got a big fun ice storm last night that knocked out our power for 9 hours. This is nothing new for my neighborhood, as there are lots of big, old trees that cause outages whenever someone sneezes, but this particular event was made much more pleasant by the fact that my daughter's stomach decided that today would be the perfect day to get a bug and cause her to vomit multiple times around the house.

Thankfully, the power came back on just after the second episode, which made me feel like somewhere there was a God smiling down on me. I can handle ANYTHING life throws my way, even throw-up, as long as a) the lights are on so I can see it, and b) I can clean it up with my washing machine. Poor Caroline - she spent the rest of the morning snuggled up on my lap or in her everywhere chair, watching Noggin and looking at books, and the afternoon napping. This is VERY unlike her, as I'm sure you've read... As I was talking to my best friend this morning - who just prior to said vomiting had graciously offered to take us in for the day - she put it so perfectly: "All you have is cold an puke." Well-said.

1 comment:

Gabi said...

Ugh, so sorry to hear the miss Caroline is feeling under the weather. I have a little guy home from school today with croup. No fun, but better than the throw up bug! (can you hear me knocking on wood!!)
I think the boys were around 3ish when they got the whole "bow to the porcelain god" idea. SO glad they finally figured it out. Caroline will too. I imagine that it is a tad harder for you to grab her and "run" to the bathroom! Good luck today. :)