Tuesday, February 5, 2008

NETI POT UPDATE...

Still using, still working. Tragically, the very pretty one that my sister-in-law gave me (which was ceramic and looked not unlike a genie lamp) shattered on my bathroom floor last week. This led to a frantic search of all CVS stores in the area, as I could have sworn I saw a plastic version in there once. Steve came to the rescue and picked one up on the way home from work.

I have to say, the results have been so remarkable, and the relief I've felt in my head has been so dramatic that I think I might be addicted. When you start thinking about keeping one in your car so that you have it, just in case you get a sinus headache at, say, the mall, you know you have a problem. I guess that one would argue that being addicted to saline solution is better than being addicted to Sudafed, but the fact that I have actually considered doing this relatively gross procedure in a public place means that I have hit a new low. Oh well - I suppose desperate times sometimes call for desperate measures!

6 comments:

Suburban prep said...

I swear by this thing.
I bought one a few years back when the doctor told me to and it has worked onders. The other thing I might suggest it try a facial over steam--but the neti pot works better.

The Pink Totebag said...

Yet another success story! Now I don't feel so crazy...

Carrie said...

I'm sad to report that I had stopped using mine a while back. Can't remember why but I read your blog and was reminded of how much better I slept at night when I used it right before going to bed. So I did it last night and sure enough I slept well and am totally un-zombie-like today. BTW- if lil' Stevie Ira can't find them, they sell the plastic ones at Whole Foods.

Christian and Lily's Mommy said...

Just a quick search on Ebay yielded several...however, they were used in good condition....go for a new one!

Jax said...

I thought this would be an article you would be interested in...

http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/neti-pots

The Pink Totebag said...

It's so funny that this particular posting keeps bringing out the most responses! Thanks for the link, Jax! I checked it out and it made me feel pretty legit for recommending this.