Thursday, March 19, 2009

OUR LITTLE SNUGGLE BUG...



Life around our house is adjusting to a "new" normal these days. Molly's been a really good baby so far, aside from a couple nights this week when we were dealing with her very first cold - one of the perks of having a toddler in pre-school who just loves to climb all over her baby sister at every chance she gets! I must say, I think God was looking out for me when we decided to have our second - Caroline is so busy that it would have been really challenging for me to keep up with her AND recover from a c-section AND care for a tricky newborn. I know from experience that all this might change on a dime, so I shouldn't get too used to it, but for now, I'm feeling pretty lucky.

It's amazing to me how two kids who have come from the same place can be so inherently different from the get-go. Caroline was always a squirmy, fidgety, alert baby - hence the on-the-go, curious, energetic toddler we have living with us today. Molly, on the other hand, is a snuggly baby who currently has two favorites - eating and sleeping. If only life could stay that easy... Either way, I love both of them equally and am trying to embrace what makes each of them so different. Hopefully, I'll pass that understanding along to them too!

3 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

What a doll!

Tippy said...

What a beautiful photo! I love it.

My two boys are SOOOOOO different. I've always read that if you have two of the same gender, they will have very opposite personalities. I'm starting to believe that theory. My oldest was the classic first-born - very cautious and very serious. My youngest is a handfull - climbing on anything not nailed down and very adventurous. No fear. But they are both great in their own ways.

Enjoy them both!!

NatCraft said...

Jenny, she is so adorable! It's so wonderful to hear how well everyone is adjusting!