Saturday, April 19, 2008

ME-ME!

The other day, I was tagged by Mom x2 , one of my new favorite bloggers, to list some unimportant things about me. Although I haven't finished my "100 things about me" list (which is also full of "unimportant" stuff - I got through #50 last week...), I consider it to be in poor form to let this linger for too long! Hopefully, you guys aren't sick of hearing inconsequential things about me (and if, after this, you are left wanting more, check back next week for the last 50 of my "100 things" list!)...

So here are the rules:

1) you link back to the person who tagged you
2) post these rules on your blog
3) share six unimportant things about yourself
4) tag random people at the end of your entry
5) let the tagged people know by leaving a comment on their blogs

So here goes...

1) While I wouldn't consider myself to be type-A, I do have this one strange quirk about me - I like to arrange things on my desk in right angles. If I have a stack of papers or something sitting there, it has to be laying straight, lined up with the edge of the desk or something. I know, weird.

2) My husband's cousin is Adam Duritz, the lead singer of the Counting Crows. This is unimportant because (sigh) we have never met him, which of course bummed my sisters out when they realized he wasn't going to be at our wedding (read: not going to get up on stage for an impromptu jam session during the reception). It's still kind of cool though, as we love his band's music...

3) I'm not a huge fan of chips, but I could polish off a large bag of Cheetos on my own in one sitting.

4) I'm fascinated by tornadoes. I have seen 3 in my life, which is alot considering I'm from the DC area and we don't get alot of that kind of stuff. I saw them in Florida. If I could talk enough friends into it, I would totally go on one of those storm-chaser vacations out in the mid-West, where they put you a Suburban, give you a camera and some GPS equipment and let you drive around for a week in the hopes of catching one.

5) I've broken my nose multiple times - on my count, it's been around 7. The first few times, it was sports-related. The last few times...well...don't ask. In the interest of saving my parents from a good deal of eye-rolling and perhaps that "cat face" that my mom makes when she is disappointed in us, let's just say there may or may not have been alcohol/elbows/a curb involved and leave it at that.

6) When I was two, I cut my younger sister's hair. She was one at the time, and was supposed to be having her picture taken the next day for a beautiful baby contest or something. That's not the best part, though. I did it on my parents' bed, and then had enough common sense to hide the evidence by pulling up the covers. They obviously saw my sister's hair and knew what had happened, but didn't find the remains until that night when they climbed into their bed, in the dark, and it got stuck to their backs. Here's what I say: serves you right for letting a two-year-old get a hold of scissors. Just kidding, Mom and Dad.

So I'm tagging...

Tickled Pink Talk

Live*Laugh*Love*Family

3 comments:

Tippy said...

I laughed when I read #1. I consider myself type A and I do the same thing!

You broke your nose 7 times??? Wow.

NatCraft said...

So I read all of your achieves and am totally caught up with you life! And now, thanks to your last two posts I know fun facts about you!

But I mostly L.O.V.E. that you do internet research for me give lots of good product links!

Hope you don't mind I added you to my blog roll!

-Nat

Unknown said...

You are ADORABLE!! I love your blog and your daughter's half ponytail. I've seen you post a lot on Christina's blog who is a remarkable person. Thanks for sharing your really cute stories and incredible views on life...Jodi