Sunday, January 4, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY NEW YEAR, AND ALL THAT JAZZ!

Hi friends! I've been on a mini-vacation from daily life (even though we didn't actually travel anywhere) since just before Christmas, and missed posting in a timely manner for various reasons. I wanted to let everyone know that we hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas/holiday and New Year! After Christmas Eve Children's Mass, where they put on this really adorable homily skit that combined the story of Olive, The Other Reindeer and the Nativity Story, Caroline got a quick-moving stomach bug at about 4 in the morning on Christmas Day, so it was a bit less climactic for her than I had hoped - such is life with a toddler (sigh). We only actually opened a few presents with her that morning, and truthfully are still opening a gift or two each day (the kid is going to begin to think that Christmas never ends and that she gets presents every day - wouldn't that be awesome?). My family came for brunch, Caroline took a big nap, and woke up well and a completely new person, so we did end up heading to my relatives' house for dinner on Christmas Night.



Our New Year's Eve was pretty low-key - Caroline stayed home with my parents and Steve and I headed to our good friends' house for cocktails and apps! So much nicer than having to try to wedge my big pregnant belly into something fabulous to impress the masses! The rest of our week has been pretty uneventful, too. I'll update you on some other specific goings-on in other posts, but in the meantime, Happy New Year!

No comments: