Thursday, January 15, 2009

WISH I WAS HERE...



...with a fabulous margarita rocks (no salt, please!) in my hand. It's 25 degrees here in DC today, with a wind chill factor of 12. I know my friends in the Midwest and other places have it much worse than us, so I can't complain too much, but to me, cold is cold is cold. Whenever you get below, say, 40 degrees, it doesn't really matter all that much what the actual number is - it sucks all around. I'm off to pull on my Uggs, gloves, scarf, and winter coat to head out and pick up Caroline from pre-school now... Think warm thoughts, friends!!!

4 comments:

Tippy said...

When I drove hubby to work and the kids to school this morning, the thermometer on my car read -5 degrees. My nose hairs freeze when I breathe outside at that temp. SO awful.

I wish I could go on that vacation with you!

Kate said...

This cold is way too much for me!

Just wanted to invite you to the DC blogger meetup on Jan 31. Please email me if you would like to be included. We are even going to have someone from Tucker Blair and Calista Cove. My email: nauticalbynature@gmail.com

(A Little) Gris Gris said...

Okay, so here's the deal. We get winter -- we get a decently cold winter -- but we don't get this. I do not have the appropriate clothing or outerwear for this weather, not to mention the general fortitude that it takes to spend more than a split second outside in it. So, I'm literally praying for a few more degrees. And, yes, I'll share the wealth. Everyone can have a few more degrees - north, south, east, west...midwest... But, this has got to end!

Okay, stepping down off my winter weather soap box!

cancersucks said...

Did you get me on the Lilly blog?? If you did, thank you! I think that is so cool that they link to us preppy mommy bloggers. Stay warm. Is DC crazy getting ready for tomorrow?