Wednesday, January 30, 2008

LEAVE IT TO TARGET TO GET EVEN COOLER

Tunno Tots Binkers, Peanut Shell baby slings, and Baby Burpees bup cloths - all available at Target.com

I wouldn't necessarily call myself a bargain shopper (I wish I had the patience to be one!) - those who know me can attest to the fact that I can usually justify (at least to myself!) most purchases I make. Not that I don't love the outlets (as you read in a previous post); it's more like I have less impulse control than I should, not to mention that sometimes I'll pay a little more just for convenience' sake. It's not necessarily a good thing, I know. I do get really excited at the thought of a shopping trip to Chez Target, however, mainly because I love the fact that it's a store that has legitimately cool stuff at relatively reasonable prices. I won't say that an average trip costs me less than $100 - that's where the marketing geniuses there have done their magic in strategically placing what you need scattered among what you only think you need - but I am fully convinced that what I buy is stuff that I genuinely will use (or at least, is too cute to resist).

The fact that Target has really done its homework in bringing in fabulous furniture, clothing, and housewares designers who think that even the average Joe deserves something nice is a brilliant move on their part. The other day, while looking for a baby gift for someone, I stumbled across a whole section dedicated to parent inventors, and another entitled "Trendy Babies." This stuff is being carried in some of the swankiest baby boutiques and department stores, and yet it isn't beneath their designers to sell their wares at a place like Target.com - and at good prices, to boot. For example, the Tunno Tots Binker pacifier clips (see above) sell for $8.00 a piece at other sites, while at Target, you get 2 cute clips for $9.99. Tunno also carries cute, reversible bibs for babies, while Hot Slings is selling baby slings in some really gorgeous fabrics and patterns. Peanut Shell is, too! Instead of paying $16.00 at Nordstrom for a fun Diapees and Wipees case to toss in my purse, I could have picked one up at Target for $9.99. For those of you who are still in the spit-up phase with your kids, there's Baby Burpees burp cloths, which look slightly more put-together in public than the plain old stained white ones you have at home.

I could go on and on, but I think instead you should take a look for yourself! Once again, Target has done it - they've put even more stuff out there that I'm going to spend my money on. You know you will too - and if you have a hard time justifying it, just call me. You know that's what I'm good for... :)

1 comment:

Suburban prep said...

Sometimes Target surprises everyone.