Thursday, January 17, 2008

TWO REALLY COOL TOOLS...

So I found two really cool tools that I thought that The Pink Totebag audience would find useful. I'll preface this by saying that I was definitely not the first one to discover and share these tools - for that, I'll give credit to the authors who first passed them along on their two other fun blogs (because even though I know they're out there for public consumption by their publishers, these bloggers deserve the credit for feeding them to the masses)...

First, on Gnome Sweet Gnome (and no, that's not a reference to the statue/trophy my husband steve won at our last annual beer-pong tournament although that's a fun coincedence!), the blogger Olivia posted about this awesome calculator at Domino.com that helps you figure out how much fabric you need, wallpaper, or how much paint to buy to finish a home decorating project. I took a look at it (as we're in the slow process/discussion of renovating our house) and it was really helpful and easy to use! Happy re-upholstering!

The second is one that I found via Oh Happy Day! where blogger Jordan posted about this fabulous route planner/calculator for running, walking, and jogging. You can literally zoom in on your neighborhood, use the mouse to map out your route, and it pops out not only the distance for you, but also calories burned according to your weight (and some other stuff, too!). ALL FOR FREE! You can also save your routes, or easily find new ones in your area that you can try. My husband was so excited to find out that he burns 352 calories on his morning walks with our daughter. Now if only the visit to Starbucks midway could be counted as some sort of a "refueling" stop, life would be golden...

5 comments:

Gabi said...

Gotta love those renovation "discussions"!! We are in a constant state of that ourselves.
Thank you for all the great advice you posted on my blog. you have some good ideas. I think part of my problem is that I HAVE taken a break since Christmas and am having a hard time going back. Just got an order for a wastebasket though, so must get to the studio sooner or later..
I have to say, i broke down and called the dr. to see if I could get some meds. Hope you are continuing to feel better yourself.
I haven't checked out your website yet, but I will do that next. (see, again, not working!!) Have a great weekend!

Gabi said...

me again, LOVE your stationary line!! Love love love it! Would you ever want to trade product? I could do a little stool for Caroline in exchange for some note cards....now THAT would be motivating :)

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog, and think it's great! I love the name. I look forward to reading about your day-to-day adventures.

The 5 Bickies said...

Love those tools...never seen them before. Thanks!

Gabi said...

hi!
So, headache finally gone! I ended up taking Advil cold and sinus and it really helped! It also helped that whatever front was coming in has passed! Hope you are still having success with the neti pot. I still may have to look into getting one....
Hope you had a good weekend!